Google Productivity Pad: Ctrl F on an iPad

Friday, March 15, 2013

Ctrl F on an iPad

Here is one of the most useful tips I have recently learned for the iPad. You know how when your on a computer in most applications and you need to find a particular word you just hit ctrl (control on PC, command on a Mac) + F and it opens up the find box so you can search that screen for any word. I use that all time and keyboard commands have been one of the hardest things for me to give up switching over to an iPad, however I have recently learned a way to duplicate this function on an iOS device, at least in some applications. Just take a look at this Safari page for supporting the SHIELD act (which you should all do by the way).


If I want to search that page for the word "trolls" (the act is aimed at stopping patten trolls) I can type it into the search bar at the top of the page (red box) and after the google suggestions (my favorite is "trolls in the hobbit") it says "On This Page (12 matches)" with the option below "Find 'trolls'" (orange arrow). As soon as I click on this I get this find dialogue tool bar very similar to what I would have on a computer.




I don't know about you but I find this very exciting. Many other apps also have this functionality, such as Evernote where the magnifying glass tool (yellow arrow) will let you search the document you are working on by bringing up the find box on the keyboard (green box).



I find this to be a super useful tip, and I hope you do too. If you think others would like to know this tip  it or

And remember, live better.

Apps used in this post: Safari, Evernote, Skitch, Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment