Google Productivity Pad: Apple's Sept. 10th event

Monday, September 9, 2013

Apple's Sept. 10th event

As most of you probably know, tomorrow, Sept 10th, is a big day for those of us in the Apple world. Ever since Tim Cook said there would be no new products until the fall we have been waiting for this day. Last week Apple finally sent out invitations to the event. Apple's invitations are notorious for teasing something that will happen at the event and this one was no different.



What will we see?
A blog such as this would be remiss if it did not offer some kind of prediction on what would happen at this event, however, I am not a very good guesser ever so don't expect me to go to much out on a limb here. 



New iPhones 
It seems all but certain now that this particular event will show case two new iPhones, which are being called by the media the 5S and the 5C. The 5C is the long rumored "cheaper" iPhone that will come in a number of different colors like the iPod touch. The invitation seems to be hinting that this will be at least one of the main products at this event.

New iPads
Judging by the lack of leaked parts and Apple's past behavior, I do not think we will see any new iPads tomorrow. I do believe that we will see new versions of both iPads before Christmas, but it seems likely that Apple will hold a separate event for that.

New Apple TV
I think we are going to hear something about the Apple TV for sure tomorrow. Apple has quietly been pushing more and more content on to the TV over the past year and so I think we will probably hear something about an update to it. What I'm not sure of is whether or not they will release a new model. I do not think we will see a full Apple iTV that has long been rumored at this event. That probably is not going to happen this year, and if and when it does it will likely be its own event.

iWatch
I would love to see Apple release a smart watch this year, but I doubt it is going to happen. Rumors seem to indicate that there is still trouble with the battery life on their prototypes. Apple, unlike Samsung, tends to refine their products before releasing to market, so we won't see a watch from them until it is the best it can be.

iOS 7 and OSX Mavericks
Of course we are going to hear about the new operating systems tomorrow. We will find out when they will be released and of course hear how great they are again and how much developers have liked them ove the summer.

Well that's it for me, I don't claim this is a complete list of the rumors, but they are the ones I have been hearing a lot about. Whatever happens tomorrow you can bet it will be exciting. Unfortunately I will be in meetings all during the event so I won't be getting my initial thoughts up for a while afterwards until I can watch the keynote.

Let us know your predictions in the comments below.


If you find this post helpful you can  ,  it or use one of the buttons below to share on other networks.
Thanks for reading, and remember, live better.

No comments:

Post a Comment