Google Productivity Pad: App Review: Blinkist

Thursday, May 29, 2014

App Review: Blinkist

If you follow me on twitter you have probably seen me talking about a new app I have been using called Blinkist. It is a really good app so I am taking a break from the quest to let you know about it.


Name: Blinkist
Type: Reading
Price: Subscription
Stars: 4


The idea behind blinkist is this: you have a reading problem and they can solve it. Namely the problem is you can't read everything you would like in the time that you have and even audiobooks at double speed can't fix it. I am guilty as charged.

Enter Blinkist, a service for reading non-fiction books in 15 minutes, sort of. You read cliff notes type versions of some of the most popular non-fiction books ever written, and new ones are being added all the time. You pay a subscription for an all access pass to the blinkist library.




So here is the deal each book is boiled down to its main points. Each of those is turned into a "blink," a short version that you can read in about one minute. Each book is comprised of 10-20 blinks.



So far I have really liked this app, although I don't think I am going to have the money to pay for it. I have read about 8 books so far. I prefer reading on my iPhone but the app is universal for both iPhone, iPad.

You can learn a lot just by reading the blinks, and it helps you know if you want commit to reading the actual book. The app itself is very clean and well done. You can browse through the library and add books to your list in a beautiful interface. The only thing I wish was different is that you aren't taken straight to your list tab when you open it, you start an the discover tab, which I find mildly annoying.

I highly recommend that you try out the free trial of this app just to see if it is something that could possibly help you to read and learn more. I think that reading is really important and a way that we can live better.

No comments:

Post a Comment