Google Productivity Pad: LDS Share Expo Recap

Thursday, April 3, 2014

LDS Share Expo Recap

This past Monday I was involved with the LDS Share Expo at BYU. The event was really awesome and I think every body had a great time. The expo was put on by the More Good Foundation (which is where I work doing social media) with the BYU Communications department, and the LDS online missionaries.



This was the first event of its kind and it basically consisted of three different parts:

  1. Booths on social media platforms where people could do gospel sharing activities
  2. Mini classes on each of those platforms
  3. Talks on different online projects for sharing the gospel
My role at the expo had to do with the mini classes. I helped the teachers prepare their presentations and I was the teacher of the twitter class. 

The night was a lot of fun and I hope everybody was able to learn something. What does it all have to do with iOS? Well I used Prezi for iPad to prepare my presentation, and many people were using iPhones and iPads to do the activities.

The best part of the night though was that I was made into a Meme, which I think is a big moment in anyone's life. Somebody who came to my class made this of me: 

It is in reference to a statement I made that people don't like twitter, not because twitter is bad, but because they did twitter wrong.

I thought some of you might like to see my prezi:


Remember I spent to years of my life teaching about the gospel on house to house. So you can tell, the Gospel of Jesus Christ is really important to me, and being able to share it through the internet is such a blessing! Christ said to take the gospel to all the world and now we can :)

That's all for now, just remember, live better.

No comments:

Post a Comment