Google Productivity Pad: Giving Thanks for an Era of Miracles: Thanksgiving Day post

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Giving Thanks for an Era of Miracles: Thanksgiving Day post

As I reflect on what I am thankful for this year, and particularly in relation to this blog, I can only think that I am grateful to live in an era of miracles. I have often thought that we fail to think many things are miraculous, not because we can explain them, but because we believe that somebody can (click to tweet).
In our currant age of wonders we have become so accustomed to the amazing things around us that we fail to be grateful for them. In fact we, like the Israelites of old, often complain about little things that we perceive wrong with the miracles of today. Food falls out of heaven, or we pull information out of the air, and we complain that the taste is wrong or that the speeds aren't fast enough.
Although I certainly complain about technology problems as much as anyone else, there is a lot of value in taking a moment to think about the incredible world in which we live.
I can learn almost anything I want to know in just moments by using a device I keep in my pocket. I can keep contact with people who live all the way around the world and who I have not seen in years, and yet we are able to share the details of our lives with each other.
The things we are able to do now were once only dreamed of in science fiction stories, these things that were once considered fantasy have been brought into reality by brilliant men and women who have seen beyond limitations. They have allow us to do amazing things, for which I am grateful.
So when your relatives arrive by flying through the air, or you send a pictures of your feast to your friends through iMessage, or you cook said feast without ever lighting fire, just take a moment to be grateful for the Era of Miracles in which we live. Then comment below or tweet me to let us all know what miracles you are grateful for.
And remember, live better.
Just sending a little thanks via the communicator.






No comments:

Post a Comment