Google Productivity Pad: My problem with iPad cases

Friday, November 8, 2013

My problem with iPad cases

Is that I hate them.
And I think they look stupid.
And they are way to expensive.
And they make your beautiful iPad as clunky as a laptop.

These are smart covers, I'm ok with them
it is cases I have an issue with.

Ok, so clearly that is problems not problem, but many cases don't have all these problems, so I did not feel I could very well put problems in the title, although some do have more than one of these problems.

They look stupid
It never ceases to amaze me how case designers can take a product as beautifully designed as the iPad and wrap it in a case that makes it look absolutely aweful. I don't want to offend anyone, but I got an iPad, and I kind of want it to look like an iPad

They are way to expensive
I cannot believe how pricey these things get. Its like because they are making an accessory for a premium product people think they can charge a premium for the accessory. I refuse to pay those kind of prices for something I really just want to forget I even have.

They make your beautiful iPad as clunky as a laptop
Now don't get me wrong, I fully understand why otterbox exists, and I recommend them to people in many circumstances, even my own family members.

Unfortunately this is not one of those posts where I get to give you a solution to life's problems, this is a post in which I hope to glean some help from you.


Here is my criteria for what I need out of a case:
Minimalist -- I shouldn't feel like the case is there, it should not cover up the bezel
Thin -- it needs to add almost no weight to my iPad
Protection -- needs to cover both back and front (when closed)
Stand -- it must allow me to make the iPad stand up for typing
Price -- a case is an accessory I should not feel like I am buying another I pad when I pay for it

So that's all, I don't ask for much, just perfection. So if any of you have any ideas or can point me in a good direction please do by commenting on this post or saying something on twitter to @halduauthor.

No comments:

Post a Comment