Are you ever excited when you get on Facebook and see that there are a whole bunch of notifications and you think people must have really liked you last photo, only to find that they are all invites to play Candy Crush? It is super annoying. I am here to help you fix this problem.
Of course there are other annoying games besides Candy Crush, Farmville in particular comes to mind when I think of games we love to hate. But Candy Crush seems to be the worst right now.
Now hopefully you followed the advice of my last post and cleared out your stupid friends, that should have helped this problem some, but not all. For some reason, unknown to human psychologists, even seemingly sane individuals will send out these game invites, and you may really want to see their other updates, so you have to stay friends with them.
A Word to the Inviters
First of all, if you are that person sending out those invites I have 2 words for you:
Why in the world are you sending those out? So you can get some little game perk if 500 of your friends sign up? It is not worth it to lose all your friends, so stop it.
2 Ways to Stop Them
For the rest of you, here are two ways to block them:
- Option one is when the notification arrives there will be a tiny little "x" in the top right hand corner when you scroll over the notification. Click this and you will have the option of stopping notification from that game.
- If you missed the little "x" but you know there is a game you do not want to see notifications from ever you can take action to block the game preemptively:
- Go to settings (top right hand corner drop down menu)
- Once in settings go to Blocking on the left hand side.
3. You will see a several option here. The one you want is called "Block Apps." All you have to do is start typing the name of the app you want to block, as you can see me doing with Candy Crush below, just click on the name when it appears and you will block that app.
Hurray! No more annoying notifications, at least until they come up with a new game.
If you do have a friend who is constantly inviting you to many different games or apps you can block notifications from just that person on this page as well.
Well there you have, I hope this eliminates some anger and frustration for you and helps you to live better!
What are the most annoying games you get invitations for? Tell us below so we can block them :)