Google Productivity Pad: iOS 6.1.3

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

iOS 6.1.3

Hey folks, just a quick note, iOS is the operating system of your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. Yesterday or today you should have received a message that a new version is available, iOS 6.1.3. I just thought I would put a post up to let you know what it does. I have yet to receive the notification for the iPad mini, but I did get it on my iPod touch. Apple gives two reasons for the update, the first is the passcode bypass discovered in 6.1.2 is being fixed, the second is to improve maps in Japan. The third unstated reason is to patch the evasi0n jailbreak that people were using to hack their idevices.

If you are a jailbreaker don't do this update, but if you are you probably already knew that.

If you are just a regular user, like myself, you can update it, but I'm not going to at least for a while. I still haven't updated to 6.1.2 because I like to wait and see if there are any major problems with it, like a passcode hack for instance, also these little updates don't really make a difference unless you are having a problem with the specific bugs that they squash. If anything major comes out of this update I will let you know about it.

If you choose to update you can either click on the notification directly, or if you dismiss that y just go to the settings app >> general >> software update.

That's all for now.

And remember, live better.

No comments:

Post a Comment